VACANCY NOTICE: PROGRAM MANAGER (MATERNITY LEAVE REPLACEMENT)
POSITION: Program Manager
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time position, 6 months (Maternity Leave Replacement) with possibility of extension
JOB LOCATION: Gjirokastra, Albania
STARTING DATE: Immediately or by arrangement
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our organization’s mission and make a
positive impact in Albania and the region. The Program Manager (PM) will support the Executive
Director (ED) by providing his/her expertise and experience in different management-related areas. The
PM’s tasks and responsibilities shall be completed in accordance with values and principles of CHwB –
Albania and in line with the CHwB – Albania Strategic plan, Administrative Guidelines and Anti-
I. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage his/her team effectively and responsibly.
- Elaborate programme strategies, work-plans and budgets.
- Allocate project resources when necessary and managing contracts of services and procurements within the on-going programmes.
- Liaise with stakeholders and actors involved in the planning and implementation of programme support and providing technical support to implementing partners.
- Monitor progress and outcomes of delegated parts of the programs.
- Issue progress reports and ensure that deadlines are met in a timely and efficient way. Prepare reports required for the Board of CHwB – Albania and to donors when requested (Sida, other).
- Minimize exposure to risks in projects.
- Ensure that project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Follow-up of expenditures: monthly budget follow-up against approved budgets, monthly financial reports in coordination with financial officer.
- Develop and propose together with ED and other program managers new project ideas with donors related to the program. Work on development of project ideas around Albania/Western Balkans and which are related to the program.
An extra notch to tasks and responsibilities: Candidates demonstrating creativity and pro-activeness in overseeing and managing multiple programs simultaneously, ensuring they are executed efficiently and effectively, would have a large advantage.
II. Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- A relevant degree in architecture or a related field.
- Proven experience (5+ years) as a Program Manager or in a similar role managing
complex projects and programs, preferably in the field of cultural heritage or similar
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop strategies, work-
plans, budgets, and allocate resources effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and collaborate with various stakeholders, including
local authorities, partners, donors, and the community.
- Familiarity with budgeting, financial reporting, and managing project finances to ensure
adherence to approved budgets.
- Experience in leading and managing teams, fostering a positive and collaborative work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to prepare
progress reports, project documents, and engage with donors.
- Working context is regional, hence besides native Albanian, excellent command in
English is required.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- High level of integrity is a prerequisite.
III. WORKING ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE:
Working for an NGO like CHwB-Albania requires a great deal of flexibility, readiness and open-
mindedness in order to be able to fulfil a wide range of different assignments. Sharing work and
responsibility is important in the daily work and for the positive atmosphere in the offices. Therefore,
the Program Manager can be required to perform different work assignments based on the employer’s
directives. Working for CHwB-Albania requires candidates’ full commitment and creative mind.
The work requires travel and thereby absence from home and office environments. The work can also
be irregular, with demanding requirements and conflicting deadlines and priorities.
IV. Application modalities
Please reference the job title and send to email@example.com, the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Motivation Letter
Important: All documents should be provided in English.
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications that are missing any required documents
by the deadline will be considered incomplete and will be denied.
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.
The deadline for applications is September 22nd at 17.00, 2023.