VACANCY NOTICE: PROGRAM ARCHITECT
POSITION: Program Architect
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time
JOB LOCATION: 2 positions one in Gjirokastra and one in Tirana, Albania
STARTING DATE: Immediately or by arrangement
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
The Foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania (CHwB Albania) is an independent non-governmental organization dedicated to rescuing and preserving tangible and intangible cultural heritage affected by conflict, neglect or natural disasters. We consider heritage to be a testimony of our humanity, history and cultural identity – now and for the future.
CHwB Albania promotes and is committed to equality, social justice, non-discrimination, participation, inclusion, intercultural dialogue, accountability and transparency. Our partners are numerous and of all levels and we work with all members of society without discrimination.
Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania is looking for a perfect candidate to fulfill the position of program architect.
The program architect shall be primarily working on, conservation surveys, reporting and, developing new conservation and design proposals for sites of interest and/or site supervision.
The tasks shall be done in coordination, and regular follow-up with the Executive and vice Director. The tasks shall be done in accordance with values and principles of CHwB – Albania and in line with the CHwB – Albania Strategic plan, Administrative Guidelines and Anti-corruption policy.
- Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Architects’ tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribution in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects and activities in accordance with CHwB’s Strategic plan.
- Developing drawings, technical specifications, technical reports and BoQ
- Developing reports and identifying additional issues and/or concerns
- Identifying additional skills and expertise needed to comply with highest design and conservation standards
- Assistance regarding coordination, organization, representation or local-level tasks within the scope of work
- Cooperation with the PR/communication officer and preparation of the material that will be published. The size and the content are flexible depending on the nature of the project/activity.
- Whenever possible, upon request of the Executive Director, advise and help other projects.
- An extra notch to Tasks and Responsibilities
Resourceful and proactive candidates would have a large advantage.
- Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Have a master degree in architectural conservation/architecture/engineering
- At least 5 years of working experience in architectural design, and conservation design. Experience in site supervision is an asset.
- Have a good command of English language
- Demonstrated experience and ability in producing technical documentation
- Ability to work cohesively with other team members to achieve shared goals and outcomes in an effective way and within stipulated deadlines
- High level of integrity, responsibility and reliability is a prerequisite
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE:
Working for a small NGO like CHwB – Albania and small office as the office in Albania requires a great deal of flexibility, readiness and open-mindedness in order to be able to fulfil a wide range of different assignments. Sharing work and responsibility is important in the daily work and for the positive atmosphere in the offices. Therefore, Program Architect can be required to perform different work assignments based on the employer’s directives. Working for a Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania requires your full commitment and creative mind.
The work requires travel and thereby absence from home and office environments. The work can also be irregular, with demanding requirements and conflicting deadlines and priorities.
Please reference the job title and send to email@example.com, the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Motivation Letter
Important: All documents should be provided in English.
Please specify in your motivation letter for which location you are applying
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications that are missing any required documents by the deadline will be considered incomplete and will be denied.
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation. The deadline for applications is September 29th at 17.00, 2023.